Want to make your Tanzania safari exceptional? Then, you have to consider the best Tanzania Safari Guide for an exceptional and unforgettable Tanzania safari.
Among all of the countries of Africa continent, Tanzania is full of natural wonders such as Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest peak of Africa, great migration, African Big Five, exotic beach, alkaline lakes, and Ngorongoro Crater, the largest crater of the world.
Famous as wilderness in national parks and game reserves, Tanzania is famous for safari destinations that provide different Tanzania Safari activities like game drive, wildlife safari, hot air balloon safari, great migration safari, canoeing safari, birding, walking safari, etc.
In Tanzania, you will face two seasons like the dry season and wet season. The dry season is from July to October and January to February while the wet season is from March to May and November to December. For the Best Time to Visit Tanzania Safari, we are recommending to choose a dry season. In the wet season, the road gets muddy and difficult to access to the national parks of Tanzania.
As per Tanzania Safari Guide, a direct flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport is the easiest way to reach Tanzania; you can choose Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR), near Dar es Salaam.
For Tanzania Tours and Safaris, Arusha is the gateway to the northern Tanzania safari circuit. You can reach Arusha within a 1-hour drive from Kilimanjaro International Airport.
1. Tanzanian power voltage is 220V 50Hz; Plug C, E, F & L
2. Tanzanian shilling (TZS) is the Tanzania currency and is around to 1 USD is equal to 2100 TZS
3. As the levels of crime seem to increase in Tanzania, hide money and other valuables things while travelling.
4. Walk towards the flow of traffic in the city and keep your bags on the side away from the road.
5. The vaccinations are highly recommended including Yellow Fever, Diphtheria, Typhoid, Tetanus, Rabies Hepatitis A, and hepatitis B.
6. Tanzanian visas are available upon arrival, payable in US cash only.
7. Beware of Chikungunya, a viral disease transmitted by the bite of infected mosquitoes.
8.Drink only bottled water or bring a water purifier tablet to Purify your water
9. Do not walk up in to the isolated areas like stretches of beaches.
Budget hotels are in the range of 12,000-70,000 TZS per night are available. But we recommend you to ask Tanzania Tour Guide before choosing any type of accommodations. You can enjoy free Wi-Fi, hot showers, complimentary breakfast, and travel to good locations of city centers or tourist destinations.
You have to pay around 110,000-300,000 TZS per night for mid-range. These hotels have private rooms equipped with TVs and free Wi-Fi, room service, complimentary breakfast, an outdoor pool, a gym, and a hotel restaurant and bar.
Due to the similarity to five-star hotels, you have to pay around 370,000-977,000 TZS per night. With top-of-the-line hospitality, 24/7 room service, fine dining, you will get refined rooms and suites with balconies and living rooms, a gym, massage services, butler service, and a pool.
There are two international airports in Tanzania and the main airport is Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR), located 13 Km from the south-west of Dar es Salaam. The other one is Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) located 46 km east of Arusha.
As Tanzania Travel Guide, there are 3 modes of transport to get around Tanzania.
Buses: Buses in Tanzania come in the form of minibusses or sedans with fare about 400 TZS. Don’t travel by bus at night and don’t take the bus, if you don’t like crowds.
Taxis: Use licensed Taxi of a reputable company and asks the price before getting into it, they are not metered. Taxi is safe to travel at night, but do not enter if there is another person except the driver. The minimum amount of a taxi ride starts at 2,000 TZS (5,000 TZS in Dar es Salaam).
Car on Rental: If you want to make a private tour or take a car on rental, then your age should be at least 21 years. The average price is 165,525 per day if you are above 25 years old. Do not drive at night.
As an experienced Tanzania Safari Guide, include the following stuff in your Tanzania Safari Packing List to make your safari safe and comfortable.
1.Take waterproof bag with you to protect your stuff from rain and dust.
2.Pack a pair of lightweight, durable, waterproof and comfortable shoes and also a pair of flip-flops or sandals that you can change into after a long day of sightseeing.
3.Pack sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat to be protected from UV rays from sunlight and dust.
4.Pack Malarone, the anti-malaria drug, mosquito repellent and insect repellent as Tanzania has high risk of malaria.
5.Pack light or neutral-colored layers including the tropical clothes, long sleeve shirts, long sleeve pants, and warm clothes for cold nights.
6. Don’t pack blue, black or dark-colored clothes as they attract tsetse flies and make animals to run away.
7. Do not forget to take binoculars and DSLR camera for game drives as going off-road is permitted in the northern parks.
8 . Get yellow fever certificate and pack vaccinations those are required in Tanzania, personal medicines, ifyou have chronic illness, in their original container.
Tanzania safari offers iconic wildlife activities in different Tanzania Destinations. Let’s talk about what should be your major priority to make your Tanzania Tours And Safaris unique and unforgettable.
1.Never miss visiting Serengeti and the Great Migration on its plain.
2. Enjoy the most spectacular view of extended dramatic landscapes of Serengeti with the stunning wildlife activities by hot air balloon safari.
3. Meet the family of giraffes while taking a walk in Arusha National Park.
4. Go deep into Ngorongoro crater, the largest crater in the world, and spot African Big Five.
5. Do not miss to watch the hunting tactics of a lion in Serengeti and amazing view of sunset in Tarangire National Park.
6.Spot tree-climbing lions and large flocks of flamingos in Lake Manyara National Park.
7. Enjoy the white turquoise beach full of palm trees and crystal clear blue water of the Indian Ocean.
8.Meeting with Massai and Hadzabe ethnic groups of Tanzania. Never miss to taste the delicious traditional Tanzania Safari Foods like Ugali, Nyama choma, Mshikaki, Samaki, Pilau, Biriyani, Ndizi-nyama and sea foods
Older more than 15 years and one of the best Tanzania Safari Tour Guide, Wapo Africa Safaris is well known to show the hidden beauty of national parks and game reserves in Tanzania. Our professional guides have decades of experience to know the desires of each customer and showing them the most unique activities and iconic places in Tanzania.
Let us make your Tanzania Safari special and exceptional by visiting @ wapoafricasafaris.com
Hassan is a true son of Africa, with over 16 years in the business of travel holidays in Tanzania, his career started in the western slopes of Mt Kilimanjaro where he worked in a tented lodge as a driver, logistics person and later he transitioned into a Safari Guide...
Want to make your Tanzania safari exceptional? Then, you have
With its unique natural diversity and wildlife, Tanzania is the
With full of national parks, game reserves, and lakes, Tanzania
With a black and tan colour mane around the face,